Saturday, May 15, 2010

This is the box daddy and I built for the firewood to take to Alice Springs

Phil wasn't too sure so I had to help him load the logs into the box

Luckily for daddy and Phil I was around to help find the best trees and logs


Phew.. a little guy can get very thirsty working on the land

All done. Half a ton of Aussie Hardwood should keep us warm at night..I can't wait.

I loved Phil's chickens, daddy and I chased them when he wasn't looking

Yay, fresh eggs from Phil's chickens. I like Phil's farm (i think daddy does too)
Hello family. On Friday Daddy and I went to see his friend Phil at his block at Virginia. He was an arbourist a long time ago but he's a Fireman now - Daddy and Phil were recruits together. We went out there to gather some firewood for our Finke desert trip in June. We have to take our own wood because it's illegal to use local native woods for firewood in the Alice Springs area. Once we cut up enough wood we packed it into a big box which I made with daddy and then daddy's friend Spud will send it to Alice Springs on one of his trucks - too easy. When we were finished I played with Phil's chickens while Phil borrowed some of their eggs for us to take home... I hope Daddy is going to hatch them for the chickens.











2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi LJ,

Can you get daddy to cut some wood, put it in a box and send to Auntie Monica for her fire??? Then you all need to come and visit and enjoy sitting around the fire together. I miss you all very much. Uncle Steven is coming to visit in August but A. Mon will be at home with the cousins :(. I am sure uncle Steve will give you all a big squeeze for me. Thinking of you xoxo

Gemma said...

Hello LJ,

I like the look of those eggs. Make sure you take some of them too!! Hope you all have a wonderful time down there. Get ready for the cold....it will be cold. It is even cold here in Ballina this week! LOL